Thursday, February 5, 2009

Compassion

After Jesus heard the news of John the Baptist's beheading, he was greatly grieved and went off to be alone and pray. A vast crowd followed Jesus and he had compassion on them and healed all their sick (Matthew 14:13-14). Jesus set aside his own grief and had compassion on the people. I've seen this type of servant-leadership demonstrated in my pastors. Day after day and week after week they set aside their own grief to minister to the needs of the people. God, I'm asking for a special blessing on these mighty servants who LIVE OUT LOUD the compassion of Christ.

1 comment:

Deb said...

That you for your blog. I was blessed to know that God can use us even in our weakness and with our imperfections as He did on Sunday. This scripture showed me that there is still am important task to do even when we ourselves are hurting. Blessings.