Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Paid In Full

"But you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth." -- Deuteronomy 8:18

"And my God will supply all [my] needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." -- Philippians 4:19

Last night as I was sitting on my bed paying this month's bills, and listening to worship music, I received a text from a friend asking what I was doing. I replied, "Paying bills and worshiping God." The reply came back, "those two things don't seem to go together."

And therein came the challenge. Paying bills should be an act of worship because my God has supplied all of my needs according to HIS riches in glory. There is no lack in the kingdom. When I pay the electric bill I can thank God that I have electricity because 1/4 of the world's population does not. And when I pay the water bill, I can thank God that I have water -- cold and hot -- on demand -- 24/7. Such luxuries to those without.

So, yes, paying bills is [or should be] an act of worship and from this point on I will be more deliberate in turning this task into worship. So grab those bills and get your praise on!

No comments: