Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Will You Let Me Drown?

"When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown!" -- Isaiah 43:2

A true drowning victim does not wave their hands and flail about, as depicted in the movies. No, in the drowning there is silence and inactivity. As long as I'm still fighting, still waiving my hands about in praise, still shouting to my King, I'm not about to drown. He will not let me.

I woke up early this morning with this one verse from the song Something Beautiful playing in my heart:

In your ocean I'm ankle deep,
I feel the waves crashing on my feet;
It's like I know where I need to be
But I can't figure out,
I can't figure out

Just how much air I will need to breathe
When your wave washes over me,
There's only one way to figure out
Will you let me drown?
Will you let me drown?
[Something Beautiful, verse 1, Neadtobreathe]

Today's prayer: "God, thank you that you will not let me drown."

No comments: