Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Weeds?

"Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." -- Luke 12:27

The flowers of the field are beautiful to behold, but there are much less desirable plants just as beautiful. What mother hasn't had her heart melt when given a bouquet of clover or dandelions? Mere weeds to most! But my grandsons haven't yet been "taught" which flowers are most desirable by man and I love that about them! And it makes me wonder about my Heavenly Father. I think He delights in our bouquets of weeds also ... for a bouquet of weeds from a child is as grand as a bouquet of the most exotic beauties on earth.

Today's prayer: "God, today I come to you with my bouquet of weeds. I picked them just for you. I know that when you put them in your eternal vase they will shine with the perfection of Heaven. Amen." 


[This bouquet of clover was picked by my 3-year old grandson, Leland, for his mommy. Heart melting ...]


No comments: