Monday, October 29, 2012

The Whole Picture

Until I entered the sanctuary of God. Then I saw the whole picture." -- Psalm 73:17

It has been said that a picture is worth a thousand words and I won't argue that point. But I would like to add that a picture also hides a thousand words. Take a snapshot anywhere, anytime, and there is one thing you won't capture -- what happened immediately before and what happened immediately after. There is a story behind every person you encounter. I've stared into countless eyes (and you have too). Only God sees the whole picture. Just a reminder that snapshots are deceiving and snapshot judgments are rarely accurate.

Today's prayer: "God, forgive me for all the times I've taken a mental snapshot of someone's life and thought I knew their story. You and You alone know the beginning from the end. You see the whole picture. Give me a sensitive heart to a hurting world. Amen."

No comments: