Thursday, April 25, 2013

You Have Not

http://www.olindaservices.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/a-Empty_Hands.jpg 
"You do not have, because you do not ask." James 4:2b, ESV

In my job I have authority to approve expenses for our organization. I often receive requests from employees for various items that will help them perform their job more efficiently or offer them some level of comfort while doing their job. I approve these purchases 99% of the time. I'm glad to do so. But today, after approving a purchase, it struck me that some employees seldom ask for anything. This got me to thinking about us and our prayer requests to God. How often is He willing to grant our requests if only we would ask? 

Today's prayer: "God, you are good and you give good gifts to your children. Help me to know when to ask. Amen."

No comments: