Thursday, September 10, 2009

Chastening

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. (Revelation 3:19)

Keep your conscience clean. Strive to keep offense out of your life, both towards God and man. (Acts 24:16)

Those whom God loves, He chastens. So be enthusiastic! Celebrate the ability to feel conviction because it means there is a connection between you and God. Just remember, you cannot do anything about what you do not see or what you do not know. So, let's rejoice when God shows us our sin.


Recently, God brought to mind something that happened a number of years ago, an unresolved issue. I had stuffed it down and locked the door. But God in His great love and through an unlikely chain of events, gently caused it to resurface. Now, faced with the dilemma of what to do with all the raw emotion, I understand why God wants us to deal with things as they occur. Tonight, God and I finally put it to rest, wrestled it to the ground, with God on top and me lying on the floor panting for air. He won and therefore I win.

No comments: