Saturday, September 19, 2009

Speak

A hymn about hearing God speak:

Speak, Lord, in the Stillness 
Speak, Lord, in the stillness, 
While I wait on Thee; 
Hushed my heart to listen
In expectancy. 
Speak, O blessed Master, 
In this quiet hour; 
Let me see Thy face, Lord, 
Feel Thy touch of power. 
For the words Thou speakest, 

"They are life," indeed;
Living Bread from heaven, 
Now my spirit feed! 
All to Thee is yielded, 
I am not my own; 
Blissful, glad surrender, 
I am Thine alone. 
Speak, Thy servant heareth! 
Be not silent, Lord; 
Waits my soul upon Thee 
For the quickening word! 
Fill me with the knowledge
Of Thy glorious will; 
All Thine own good pleasure 
In my life fulfill. 
Like "a watered garden" 
Full of fragrance rare 
Ling'ring in Thy presence 
Let my life appear. 
--Emily May Grimes Crawford

No comments: