Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Time Machine

"Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits at God's right hand in the place of honor and power." -- Colossians 3:1

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." -- Hebrews 13:8

I am constantly looking for anything to help train me to pray for the sick. Books, teaching tapes, articles, etc.... I'm intrigued by what everyone has to say. But, the Word of God should always be the beginning and our default position. In some ways we need to get in a time machine and go "back to the future." Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and he healed ALL who came to him. No exceptions.

It might be helpful to picture a time machine when praying for someone's healing. If I inwardly remind myself that if that person standing before me were able to get into a time machine and go back to one of the healing events described in the New Testament that Christ would heal them. He healed all who came to Him. The person I am praying for is coming to Jesus in the same way. They are demonstrating simple faith by asking for prayer. Nothing has changed. The very same Jesus in those events 2000 years ago is seated at the right hand of God. Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever! Amen.

No comments: