Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pray Attention!

Woke up this morning with this phrase swirling about in my head: Pray Attention! So, of course, I figured God is up to something and true to His way with me I know we're about to embark on another treasure hunt, so I began meditating on this simple phrase: pray attention. I immediately thought of pay attention and what that entails: To heed; be attentive to; as in "pay attention" to these instructions.

There are over 25 scriptures where God says "pay attention."

Pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. -- Proverbs 4:20
Listen and hear my voice; pay attention and hear what I say. -- Isaiah 28:23

And so I think what God is saying to my heart is not only do I want my children to pay attention to my voice, but also to pray attention to my heart. Don't just come before me with your list. Come before me and let me give you MY list. In order to pray what the Father prays we need to "pray attention" to His voice in prayer. The more we recognize what He is doing the more he pours out his heart.

Today's prayer: "Father, I lay down my list and take up yours. What is on your heart today? Holy Spirit, guide my thoughts and prayers this day. May they line up completely with my Father's heart in all ways. Amen."

No comments: