Wednesday, November 10, 2010

So Long Self!

Woke up this morning to MercyMe singing "So Long Self" and I felt a since of freedom. Not so much because of the song, but because over the past week I've heard some excellent teaching on healing -- teaching that has set me free! I've been known to take on some sort of "false" guilt when I pray for people and they don't get healed (as if I have anything to do with it). Last evening's teaching by Roger Sapp helped me get off that roller coaster. It's not about me -- never has been. It's about Jesus Christ and the work He did on the cross. Healing belongs to us all and it has nothing to do with our character or our goodness or our works. It has everything to do with His goodness; His love; and Jesus' death on the cross. In fact, healing is not our idea; it's God's idea; and we don't have to convince Him. He wants to heal us more than we want to be healed. Freedom is a wonderful thing, and besides, I don't even like roller coasters! :)

So long, self

Well, it's been fun, but I have found somebody else
So long, self
There's just no room for two
So you are gonna have to move
So long, self
Don't take this wrong but you are wrong for me, farewell
Oh well, goodbye, don't cry
So long, self

No comments: