Saturday, June 11, 2011

Light My Way

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."- Psalm 119:105

This lighthouse, built in 1870, can be found up north in Old Mission Peninsula, Michigan. It is located on the 45th parallel -- or halfway between the North Pole and the Equator.

And who wouldn't enjoy a fire on the beach at sunset in the same town? These two sites are from my recent trip to Michigan. Both represent a form of light. God spoke to my heart through both of them.

Today's prayer: "Lord, please light my way, today and always. Be to me a beacon of light, a lighthouse in the dark, when the sea billows roll. And when you call me to the fire, I know you won't withdraw your hand. I'll look into the flames and search for you. You spoke. My heart heard. Now please light the path for this weary traveler. Amen."




No comments: