Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Crickets

Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use? -- Romans 9:21
There is something cathartic in listening to the crickets outside my window ... and I suppose some might find this symphony of the night annoying, but for me, it soothes the soul and turns my thoughts toward our great Creator. 
As I ponder the life of the cricket I turn my thoughts toward the Potter and how HE makes each vessel unique and for a purpose. Who are we to say to the Potter, "Why did you make me this way?" God chooses as it pleases Him. To paraphrase Bill Johnson, "If God chooses to lift me to noble position or if He chooses to throw me into the street as a common penny, what is that to me? Blessed be the Name of the LORD!"

No comments: