Sunday, April 19, 2009

Deep Secrets

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him (wow, that includes me)...But we know these things because God has revealed them to us by his Spirit, and his Spirit searches out everything and shows us even God's deep secrets." (1 Cor. 2:9-10)

I love this scripture. The Message Bible says that since I'm spiritually alive, I have access to everything God's Spirit is doing and that I cannot be judged by unspiritual critics. Do you dream big with God? I do. Sometimes, my dreams are so big that I have to ask God if He's really talking to me or if I'm eavesdropping on a conversation meant for someone else. My eye has not seen everything revealed to me by his Spirit; my ear has not heard everything; and certainly my mind has not imagined (or has not grasped hold of) what God has prepared for me. But, the Scripture says I KNOW these things because God has revealed them to me by his Spirit. How do I know them? That's what I've been pondering. I know them because his WORD tells me that I will heal the sick, cast out demons, raise the dead, and cure those with leprosy. I know them because his WORD says that the Holy Spirit will give me power to do these things. I know them because the WORD says that my God gives me counsel in the night. I also know them because I am one of his sheep and I know his voice; a stranger's voice I will not follow. I know them because he speaks to me in a still small voice and then confirms his voice in numerous ways. I know them because on occasion he uses people or circumstances to shout them to me. And lately, my dream life is overrun with the deep secrets of God, revealed by his Spirit; confirmed in his WORD, through his voice, and through circumstances. WOW, my God cares for me that much. He cares that much for you too. His thoughts toward us are innumerable. How many of those thoughts are you catching?

Today's Prayer: "God, I've been pondering many things in my heart over these past several months. I admit I don't know the future, but I say YES to you. Even when I'm slow to respond or obey, my answer is always YES. Even when the things I sense you saying seem scarey or unattainable, my answer is YES. My answer can only be YES because of your amazing love. Where else would I go? Who else would I turn to? You are the Faithful One, the Holy One, the One I cling to. So, again, I say YES. Oh, and what was the question? Doesn't matter; the answer is still YES!"

No comments: