Monday, April 6, 2009

Dynamite

"But you shall receive power [dunamis: dynamite miraculous power, force, might, strength, enabling power through the Holy Spirit] when the Holy Spirit has come upon you." (Acts 1:8)."

"I get excited about the dunamis power of God. With God's power (dynamite!) all things become possible. God takes ordinary people and through the Holy Spirit brings power to their speech, their preaching, their witness, their worship, their prayers, and their life. The Spirit of God and power go hand-in-hand. Paul himself said that his speech and preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power (see 1 Cor. 2:4).

Today's prayer: "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I give thanks to you for your incredible working in and through my life. I give thanks that you allow me to participate in what you're doing. I give thanks that you called my name before time began. I give thanks to you for orchestrating the events in my life to bring me to this particular place in time. I again say YES to your plan for my life. I know it's going to be a wild ride."

1 comment:

Hoss said...

Cheryl, that dunamis sure showed up in you yesterday! Thank you for leading us to the throne room. God used you mightily.