Monday, June 22, 2009

Destiny

"Destiny. You've dreamed about it. You've longed for it. You've dreaded it. You've run from it. You're so nervous that the butterflies in your stomach have become vultures, and you can feel their claws all the way to your toes. Your life is about to change . . . one way or the other. It could be your best day or your worst, but it cannot be a normal day. Destiny has not come knocking at your door. It's come mauling you like a bear." (excerpt from Beth Moore's Esther study)

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -- Jeremiah 29:11

God will not fulfill my destiny without me. There is a certain responsibility on my end. If I seek God, God's will for my life will find me. That about sums it up. Destiny. And still, I want to run away from it, but also toward it, all at the same time. It intrigues me. It scares me. It's what invades my sleep and whispers my name through the pages of His WORD. It's a package tied up with a bow ... too pretty to unwrap; too mysterious to leave inside. I can't. I won't. I must. I will. Destiny.

No comments: