Thursday, June 4, 2009

Life Coach

"A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of." (John 10:10, The Message)

I'm changing my title to Life Coach. One of the most common conversation starters is: "So, what do you do?" or "What is your title?" Honestly, my title doesn't come anywhere close to describing what I do M-F; 8-5. Like most people, I need money to survive, but that "day" job doesn't define me. It enables me to do my real job. My real job on this earth is to help people discover new life, abundant life, in Christ. I'm here to point people in the right direction; coach them to salvation and life in Christ; come along beside them and help carry the load; stand in the gap in prayer; lay hands on the sick; set the captives free; and every now and then offer a challenge to help them grow. As Christ Followers, we are all "Life Coaches." So, the next time someone asks, "What is your title?" My answer will be "I'm a Life Coach."

No comments: