Saturday, September 24, 2011

Navigate

"Who among you fears the LORD and obeys his servant? If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the LORD and rely on your God." -- Isaiah 50:10

The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." -- Proverbs 18:10

When you are stumbling in darkness (whether it be due to affliction or misery or something else), you can run to the name of the LORD and be safe. The phrase "trust in the LORD" means to navigate toward the light, which is the name of the LORD. Trust in the name of the LORD; not in yourself, nor in any creature, but in the LORD Himself; in the perfections of His nature, His mercy, His grace, and His goodness; in the name of the LORD, which is a strong tower, and in whom is salvation; in Christ, in whom the name of the LORD is, and whose name is the LORD our Righteousness; and to trust in Him, when in the dark, is a glorious act of faith; this is believing in hope against hope.

So, what is it you need today:

If healing, navigate toward Jehovah Rapha, The Lord Our Healer
If provision, navigate toward Jehovah Jireh, The Lord That Provides
If protection and guidance, navigate toward Jehovah Rohi, The Lord Our Shepherd
If victory in battle, navigate toward Jehovah Nissi, The Lord Our Banner
If pardon, Jehovah Tsidkenu, The Lord Our Righteousness
If cleansing, navigate toward Jehovah Mekadesh, The Lord Who Sanctifies
If security, navigate toward Jehovah Shammah, The Lord is There
If peace, navigate toward Jehovah Shalom, The God of Our Peace

Everything you need is in Him and in His name!

Excerpt from the song, Because of Who You Are (Judy Jacobs)

Because of who You are, I give you glory
Because of who You are, I give you praise
Because of who You are, I will lift my voice and say
Lord I worship You, because of who you are
 
Jehovah Jireh, you're my Provider
Jehovah Nissi, you reign in victory
Jehovah Shalom, you're my Prince of Peace
Jehovah Rapha, when I'm sick in my body you're my Healer
Jehovah Shammah, you're always with me
Jehovah Sabaoth, you're my strong deliverer

Because of who You are, I give you glory
Because of who You are, I give you praise
Lord it's because of who You are, I will lift my voice and say
You are worthy Lord, I worship you
Lord I worship You, because of who you are

This blog inspired from Shawn Baker's message, "The Eternal God and His Eternal Work"
http://www.oxfordcog.com

No comments: