Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Out of the Mouth of Babes

"Do you hear what these children are saying?" they asked him. 'Yes,' replied Jesus, 'have you never read, From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise'?" -- Matthew 21:16

As adults we tend to make everything so complicated, so mysterious, when really some spiritual things can be made quite simple.

We can learn from these two examples:

A skeptic approaches a pastor to question him about a reported glory cloud in their service. He asks, "What if it's not from God?"
Before the pastor could answer, his 6-year old grandson chimes in with the answer: "That's easy. If it's God, worship God. If it's not God, worship God and it will leave." Brilliant!

His 8-year old sister reported the following: "One night a voice woke me up saying my name but I wasn't sure who it was so I said, "Satan, if that's you, be quiet. God, if that's you, keep talking." After that she didn't hear anything so she went back to sleep. Again, simple and brilliant!

Today's prayer: "God, help me to approach the supernatural and the often unexplained spiritual things that I encounter on this earth just like a child: not rattled, not needing a 'scientific' explanation, but just by turning them to simple acts of trusting you. After all, you know my adversaries. They are all before you (Psalm 69:19)."

No comments: