Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rich Toward God

"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse ...
and I will rebuke the devourer for your sake." (Malachi 3:10-11)

Most of us have a concept of the word "whole." For example, if I owe you money, you most likely want me to pay you the entire sum. I know that when I receive a bill from the electric or phone company they certainly want the entire amount. And what if I were to offer you a piece of candy? Would you want the entire piece or is it okay if I take a bite first? Do you suppose when God said to bring the whole tithe into the storehouse that He had our good in mind? I know I want Him to rebuke the devourer for my sake, the "whole" devourer, not just a partial rebuking. Just pondering "being rich toward God" this morning.

whole - comprising the full quantity, amount, extent, number, etc., without diminution or exception; entire, full, or total

No comments: