Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wealth

I saw a Twitter (or tweet) this morning referencing the top 10 wealth building books and before I opened the list I thought to myself, "Ten? Really? I know of only one wealth building book -- the BIBLE."

My curiosity peaked and I opened the list. I thought I'd have a little fun with a few of these titles:

1) Think and Grow Rich -- That's certainly a Biblical principle "as a man thinketh, so is he" (Proverbs 23:7), but the riches of the Lord are far better than the riches of man! Think and grow on those riches.

2) The Millionaire Mind -- Well, we have the mind of Christ (1 Cor 2:26) and He owns the cattle on a thousand hills (Psalm 50:10) so that certainly makes Him a millionaire extraordinaire and since we are joint-heirs with Christ (Romans 8:17) -- well ... you do the math!

And, my personal favorite:

3) Unlimited Power: The New Science of Personal Achievement -- New science? All you really need is the Holy Spirit: "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you (Acts 1:8).

"A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." -- Proverbs 11:25
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you..." -- Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: