Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Selah

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. "Selah" -- Psalm 32:7

"Selah" is a word used frequently in the Hebrew Bible, often in the Psalms, and it generally means to "pause and reflect." I've heard this term used a lot lately, and not just in the reading of the Psalms. I've heard people make statements and then follow it with "Selah" and I've even seen it at the end of Twitter posts. And so this morning I took a few moments to pause and reflect on the word Selah. What could God be saying through this word? There seems to be an increase in spiritual activity right now and for me a swirling of emotions and thoughts and questions. It's definitely a season to press in, a season to pause, a season to reflect. I hear the Lord whispering "I am your hiding place and I will protect you with songs of deliverance." Selah!

No comments: