Thursday, October 6, 2011

I Run To You

"I run to you, God; I run for dear life..." -- Psalm 31:1, The Message

"I have come to you for protection; don't let me be put to shame. Rescue me, for you always do what is right." -- Psalm 31:1, NLT

I had a disturbing thing happen to me recently and there was nothing I could do about it. It was one of those things that caught me off guard and is completely out of my control. As soon as it happened I thought, "I've got to talk to someone about this" -- my spouse, my best friend, etc., but immediately the Holy Spirit whispered, "talk to me; run to me."

Today's prayer: "God, I run to you in my bewilderment. What just happened? How will I recover? Protect me from my thoughts and even more so from my actions. Do not let me be put to shame. Rescue me, for You always do what is right. Amen."

No comments: